The IEEE @ Lakehead
"IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe." - ieee.org/about/
The Lakehead University IEEE Student Branch is the student representation of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers at Lakehead University. We supplement class room education with social and learning resources to maximize educational experience and professional development.
Our primary membership is of electrical and software engineering students however we welcome students from any background who want to pursue interests in electrical and software engineering and their related fields. It takes many perspectives to develop comprehensive solutions and a monolithic model does not generate these.
Lastly, the IEEE Lakehead Student Branch works closely with IEEE Canada to provide resources beyond our means to our members.
- Unlimited access to our club room and McNaughton Learning Centre
- Discounts on student branch activities
- Access to over 100 peer reviewed journals through IEEE Xplore
- an @IEEE.org email address with Google Apps
- Online job postings, ResumeLab, and career tools
- Professional networking services on local and national levels
- Continuing education resources and group discounts
- A free print copy of the IEEE Spectrum publication each month
Easy online sign up and fee payment through the IEEE main website.
Just specify that you are a Lakehead University student during registration and we shall contact you regarding your membership.